What: Literati to Credo Online Reference Service transition
When: Aug 31, 2017
No updates are required, and all links will redirect after the switch, but you may wish to use the most current URL:
(Note: this is the secure version of the URL, which Credo plans to enforce by the end of the year. If this URL causes any issues, try the version http://search.credoreference.com and get in touch with email@example.com for further help.)
If you use a proxy for remote access, find the updated info here.
Find a new logo and help documentation in the Credo Toolbox.
2017 Literati Platform Transition
This summer, we’re retiring the Literati platform and moving Literati subscribers to an enhanced version of our flagship Credo Online Reference Service platform, which will give you access to an improved user interface and some exciting new features. Until August 31st, 2017, you can opt to switch to the new site, access both versions, or stay on the unchanged Literati platform. Starting September 1st, all Literati platform URLs will redirect to the new version of the site.
While the functionality of the navigation, content, homescreen, Mind Map and Topic Pages is mostly unchanged, the look and feel of our user interface is new. If you're interested in a walkthrough of the new pages, just contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your users will benefit from:
- A refreshed user experience, with brighter colors and a homepage redesign
- An improved and decluttered search results page
- "Key Concepts" for each entry result give a quick summation of the material within
- Results scrolling instead of pagination
- "Quick view" to preview an entry before clicking
- Improved search limiter options
- A redesigned book landing page
- Edition number in citations and on book landing pages
- Simplified Topic Pages
- Video captions for titles in the Core collections
- Authentication through Google Apps for Education
- A self-guided Credo tutorial helpful to students coming in from Discovery, LibGuides or course pages.
More features coming soon:
- New Admin choices about key features and language in the platform, such as the label for reference entries.
- The ability to export to NoodleTools
We are also retiring a few features that we found to have low usage:
- Custom featured content - this home page section will now be updated every month with interesting Topic Pages
- Support for custom colors and stylesheets
- The ability to rename certain sections of the site, such as the Related Resources
- The ability to rewrite ToolTips associated with third-party resources
- Personal user accounts ("MyLiterati")
- The "Tools" page
The "Literati" brand has also been retired.
Here's a peek at the home page (click to enlarge):
You can watch a pre-recorded 45 minute walkthrough of the new platform by registering on this page:
If you’d like a personal tour of the new platform, or if you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.