Proxy authentication is supported by Credo Reference. We describe the set-up and configuration for OCLC's EZ Proxy and the WAM proxy from Innovative Interfaces below. Other proxy servers can be used for authentication - contact email@example.com for further help.
EZ Proxy how-to
There are just a few steps to setting up EZ Proxy access:
1. Provide us with the proxy prefix and proxy IP. If you're using EZ Proxy v6 or above, please include the IPv6 format IP if available. If you don't have this information, the vendor should be able to provide it.
2. Update your proxy configuration file as described below. More documentation on this process can be found on OCLC's site. Make sure this replaces any existing Credo stanza that you already have in your configuration file.
3. Add an SSL Certificate to support our secure site. (If you've transitioned to https with other databases, such as ProQuest or Kanopy, you already have an SSL certificate.) Documentation can be found on OCLC's site here. There's also a free SSL certificate option available here. Credo now enforces the secure version of our site, so you must have the certificate in place to successfully proxy our links.
4. Configure your SSL certificate for Credo Reference. The pattern is search.credoreference.com.proxy.yourschool.edu, or in most certificates you can add the wildcard *.proxy.yourschool.edu to cover all of your resources.
5. Test the proxied Credo link from home or off-network to ensure it's working, and add it to your database page. The base link is https://search.credoreference.com
Once the configuration is complete and tested, let us know and we'll add the proxy prefix to your Credo account so that it combines with your citations, MARC records, and third-party resource links.
If you encounter access issues, visit our proxy/https troubleshooting FAQ, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know what error messages or other problems you're seeing.
Configuring your EZ Proxy server
This is the EZ Proxy (http://www.oclc.org/us/en/ezproxy/) configuration to use for Credo Reference:
#Everything below this line is the stanza for Credo Reference.
Title Credo Reference
#Everything above this line is the stanza for Credo Reference.
If you have been a Credo customer since before 2015, you may also have legacy subdomains in your catalog or research guides, so you may need to add the additional lines below:
WAM (III) Proxy how-to
Here are the steps for setting up WAM Proxy access:
1. Provide us with the proxy server name and proxy IP. If you don't have this information, the vendor should be able to provide it.
2. Update your WAM forward table (screenshot here) as described below
3. Implement and configure an SSL Certificate to support our secure site. Credo now enforces the secure version of our site, so you must have the certificate in place to successfully proxy our links. There are two options; if you've transitioned to https with other databases, such as ProQuest or Kanopy, you likely already have one of these options in place.
A) A SAN (Subject Alternative Name) certificate (also known as a 'UC' (Unified Communications) or multi-domain certificate), which allows multiple domain names to use the same certificate. If you use this option, the Credo pattern is is 0-search.credoreference.com.proxy.yourschool.edu.
B) A wildcard certificate, which allows you to use a wildcard like *.proxy.yourschool.edu to cover all of your resources. To use this, you must configure the wam_sslhost_replace option, which converts the periods in the resource domain portion of proxied https URLs to hyphens. This allows the wildcard certificate to cover all proxied domains, and obviates the need for individual SAN entries for each proxied domain that uses https. (SOURCE)
4. Test the proxied Credo link from home or off-network to ensure it's working, and add it to your database page. The base link is https://search.credoreference.com, or if you have set up a wildcard certificate, you may need to use http://search.credoreference.com.
Once these updates are complete, let us know and we'll add the WAM proxy to your Credo account so that it combines with your citations, MARC records, and third-party resource links.
WAM table updates for Credo
You should add the following values to your WAM forward table:
Do not add http or https to the domains. Don't use a wildcard, as this will cause formatting issues in your account. For further help or troubleshooting, email email@example.com, or Innovative Interfaces Customer Support at:
Support Site: http://csdirect.iii.com/