Proxy authentication is supported by Credo Reference. We describe the set-up and configuration for OCLC's EZ Proxy and the WAM proxy from Innovative Interfaces below. Other proxy servers can be used for authentication - contact email@example.com for further help.
EZ Proxy how-to
There are just a few steps to setting up EZ Proxy access:
1. Provide us with the proxy prefix and proxy IP. If you're using EZ Proxy v6 or above, please include the IPv6 format IP if available. If you don't have this information, the vendor should be able to provide it.
2. Update your proxy configuration file as described below. More documentation on this process can be found on OCLC's site. Make sure this replaces any existing Credo stanza that you already have in your configuration file.
3. Add an SSL Certificate to support our secure site. (If you've transitioned to https with other databases, such as ProQuest, you already have an SSL certificate.) Documentation can be found on OCLC's site here. There's also a free SSL certificate option available here. Beginning in late 2017, we will enforce the secure version of our site, so you must have the certificate in place to successfully proxy our links.
4. Configure your SSL certificate for Credo Reference. The pattern is search.credoreference.com.yourproxy.edu, or in most certificates you can add the wildcard *.yourproxy.edu to cover all of your resources.
5. Test the proxied Credo link from home or off-network to ensure it's working, and add it to your database page. The base link is https://search.credoreference.com
Once the configuration is complete and tested, let us know and we'll add the proxy prefix to your Credo account so that it combines with your citations, MARC records, and third-party resource links.
Configuring your EZ Proxy server
This is the EZ Proxy (http://www.oclc.org/us/en/ezproxy/) configuration to use for Credo Reference:
#Everything below this line is the stanza for Credo Reference.
Title Credo Reference
#Everything above this line is the stanza for Credo Reference.
If you have been a Credo customer since before 2015, you may also have legacy subdomains in your catalog or research guides, so you may need to add the additional lines below:
WAM (III) Proxy how-to
Here are the steps for setting up WAM Proxy access:
1. Provide us with the proxy server name and proxy IP. If you don't have this information, the vendor should be able to provide it.
2. Update your WAM forward table as described below
3. Add the proxied Credo link to your database page. The base link is https://search.credoreference.com
Once the WAM table update is complete, let us know and we'll add the WAM proxy to your Credo account so that it combines with your citations, MARC records, and third-party resource links.
WAM table updates for Credo
You should add the following values to your WAM forward table:
Do not use a wildcard, as this will cause formatting issues in your account. For further help or troubleshooting, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or Innovative Interfaces Customer Support at:
Support Site: http://csdirect.iii.com/