There are two steps to integrating your InfoLit Modules with Blackboard using LTI. The first step is a one-time process that sets Credo up as an LTI "Tool Provider". This step only needs to be done once and is a global setting. The second step needs to be done each time you want to integrate a Modules video, tutorial, or quiz.
Part 1: Adding Credo as an LTI Tool Provider
You can find the Blackboard instructions here. You will need to have administrator access to your Blackboard for this part. If you do not, you will need to ask your Blackboard Admin to complete this part. For LTI integration, your Blackboard instance will need to be release 9.1 or later.
Step 1: Click on the Settings tab in the administrator panel. Then under "Building blocks" section, click on the "building blocks" link, then click on LTI Tool Providers."
Step 2: Under "LTI Tool Providers" click on "Manage Global Properties." Ensure that you set the settings as following:
- Enabled in courses: Yes
- Enabled in organizations: Yes
- Creation of tool provider links: Allow links to any tool provider that isn't explicitly excluded.
- Allow configured tool providers to post grades: Yes (this is important if you want the modules grades to automatically integrate with your Blackboard gradebook)
Step 3: Under the "Default Configuration" section, here are the recommended settings:
- Send User Data: Send user data only over SSL
- User fields to send: Role in course, name, email address (optional)
- Send context identifiers as: Primary key (this ensures student privacy and compliance with FERPA)
- Show user acknowledgement message: No
- Click submit when you are done.
Step 4: Click on the "Register Provider domain" button. Under the Provider Domain Status section, fill in the fields as follows:
- Provider domain: this is your modules domain (e.g. credou.credocourseware.com)
- Provider Domain Status: Approved
Step 5: Under the Default configuration section, fill in the fields as follows:
- Default configuration: Set globally
- Tool provider key: this is given to you at your Credo onboarding. If you have lost it, please contact Credo support.
- Tool provider secret: This is given to you at your Credo onboarding. If you have lost it please contact Credo support.