When you want to edit a module or create new materials, it is important to understand how the structure in Studio relates to the structure that students see. This article will give you a basic overview of how the structures relate and how to create new content.
In the student-facing dashboard, there are four levels of items:
- The module title
- The video, tutorial, or quiz title
- The pages within the video, tutorial, or quiz
- The items on a page (text or questions)
In Studio, there are four equivalent levels of items - just named differently:
- Section: This is a non-content title of modules.
- Subsection: This is again lower-level non-content title of tutorials or collections of pages.
- Unit: This is equivalent to a content page or slide and can include text, multimedia, and questions.
- Component: These are the individual items on each page - you can have a text component and a question component in the same unit (page).
You can review the image below to understand where each item is and which level it relates to in both Studio and the student-facing page.
Student-Facing Page Structure: