PLEASE NOTE: This information was updated in August 2023 following the Credo platform refresh. For more about the update see here, or contact email@example.com
Minimum requirements for effectively using Credo Online Reference Service.
- Credo supports the latest versions of Edge, Firefox, Safari, and Chrome.
- Credo is tested in and supports browsers running on both Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
- Credo supports TLS 1.2 and 1.3. TLS 1.1 support has been retired. If you have EZ Proxy v6 or below, you must upgrade with OCLC (firstname.lastname@example.org) to continue to access Credo.
Screen Resolution and Display
- Our platforms can be used effectively with a screen resolution of 1024 x 768.
- Zooming in or out in the browser can affect some page formatting, and is not recommended.
Viewing videos and listening to audio files
- Credo's products deliver videos using the HTML5 standard.
- Streaming is enabled in our CDN.
- The Credo video player supports Internet Explorer 11 and the latest versions of Firefox, Safari, and Chrome
Audio files included in some titles are in the MP3 format or the .wav format. To listen to the audio a plug-in that supports MP3 or .wav is required, such as Windows Media Player, ITunes, or Apple Quicktime.
Our Text-To-Speech function supports both streaming audio and downloading MP3s of the content.
- We host the Research Quicktips and Research Skill Builder videos on Kaltura, which uses a video player built on HTML5. See the full technical requirements in the Kaltura Help Center.
- Some tutorials include MP3 and OGG files, which require a player like Windows Media Player or Apple Quicktime.